Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

We have a 6 yr old yorkie that recently had a tumor removed.

Customer Question

we have a 6 yr old yorkie that recently had a tumor removed. We took her back to the vet when we noticed 2 more lumps. We are seeing an oncologist on Monday. She has started drooling clear liquid from her mouth. Could she be in pain?
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.

Good evening, Mark. I'm so sorry to hear that Sage has you worried. I'll do the best I can to help you get to the bottom of why she might be drooling. This answer is likely to have multiple topics. Can you answer some additional questions for me?

1) Has Sage ever had dental issues or have you been told that she has dental disease/needs a dental cleaning?

2) When was the original tumor removed?

3) Was Sage placed on any medications after the tumor was removed? If so, what is she currently taking (include as much info you can about ALL medications including frequency, name and milligram)

4) Is she currently eating and drinking normally?

5) Are you aware of what type of tumor was removed? Did they provide you with a name or a histopathology report? I'd assume since you're going to see an oncologist that the answer is yes, but it's best to be certain.

Thanks for the additional info. I'll be with you shortly after your response comes through.