Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian
88695179

Have a 2 yr old spayed australian shephard who started

Customer Question

have a 2 yr old spayed australian shephard who started wrapping her front paws around my arm, standing up and jumping from one back leg to the other, about 30 minutes ago after eating .. she is also licking my arms like crazy .. should i be concerned?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I am sorry to hear that your dog is acting so strangely. Based on your description, I would wonder if she has indigestion or a stomach ache. Is she having any excessive burping, vomiting or diarrhea?

You can try giving her some Pepcid to see if that settles her stomach down. The dose is about 0.5mg per pound, so an average 40# ***** would take 20mg.

If there is no vomiting or diarrhea and she is drinking normally, I think she will be fine.

Best regards, ***** ***** this answer helps you.

Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions.

Dr. Amanda

Kansas State University,

College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2001

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

How is your pup this evening? Any more strange behavior? Did you try the Pepcid?

Do you have any more questions for me?

If you are satisfied with my assistance, please take a moment to use the stars at the top of the page to rate my answer so that I will be compensated for helping you today. For future questions, you can find me here: http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=88695179&FID=0

Best regards,

Dr. Amanda