Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM for 19 years. Compassionate, Caring, Experienced.
2263760

What is the charge answerI think my dog was a st. pack dog.I

Customer Question

What is the charge for each answerI think my dog was a st. pack dog.I love her she is pretty & so sweet. Our r.v. is 15 years old and so when we dumped our r.v. my husband hit the wrong button and we got very wet. He went to the store and rented a pick up vac. In about a week give or take 1 day. I started seeing worms sm white worms this went on for 3or 4 days I started to see this shinny dark wax things.they looked like shinny watermelon seeds.They got all over her. I took her to her vet. the helper treaded me like a crazy old woman.I left her there for a while went back I was wrong there are no worms on my dog. When these worm pod. I have not been able to find a picture of things so I don't know. They charged me 50 dollars to laugh at me and my little dog still has these pods they seem to be getting a little less but now I have to wonder what to look for. I've been bathing her and brush her but these things cannot be brushed out. Each pod has a worm.I am on a fixed income.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this is Dr. Gabby. The charge for the answer is $18. You would have to rate the answer at the end of our talk.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am taking my free week so need to get my answer. hope u can give me some advice.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My little dog is a # ***** I think about 2&1| 2 years old.I have had her to her vet 250.dollars later. This little gal was badly used by people are so darn mean.I am old but still I know when I'm when I have seen these things wax encasement for a larvae
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 1 year ago.

Hi, most likely what you are seeing are tapeworm segments. The dog eats a flea infected by a tapeworm. Then the tapeworm grow in the intestines. Then small segments break off and come out the rectum.

It is pretty easy to treat.

Give one dose of tapeworm medication now and repeat the dose again in 3 weeks.

You can buy the tapeworm medication here.

http://www.amazon.com/Guard-Canine-Dewormer-Large-4-Gram/dp/B000FPH2FQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1448377902&sr=1-1&keywords=dog+tapeworm+dewormer

You will also need to treat her for fleas if you have not already done so. Advantage drops and Frontline drops are both over the counter now. Apply either one once a month.

How does that sound? Do you have any additional questions?