Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

I have a very difficult neighbour. He is trying to sell s

Customer Question

I have a very difficult neighbour. He is trying to sell his house next door to me in 3 weeks.
My dog is mini foxy/ pom X who does have a tendency to bark.
I have bought her a citronella collar which she can bark through if she's excited enough.
My neighbour wants me to keep the collar on Day & Night for the next 3 x weeks so as to not deter possible sale of his property.
My question is: Is it harmful to my dog to wear this 24/7 for the next 3 x weeks?
and "does he have the right to insist upon this?
Thanks, Primula
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

First, your neighbor does not have a right to make such demands. Still, if your lass does bark excessively, then he does have the right to complain to the local council, dog warden, or animal cruelty organizations. Therefore, since it is safe continuously use these collars for that length of time, it may be easier to do as he has requested. Of curse, I would note that there is no reason that you'd have to keep it on overnight (since he shouldn't be showing his house during that time). Therefore, you could choose to compromise and offer to have her wear the collar during the period of time he reasonably is going to be showing the house to potential buyers. And hopefully he will sell the house, so he is no more bother to you and your lass.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today.Thank you! : )