Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

If I give my chihuahua Colace how soon can I expect it to

Customer Question

If I give my chihuahua Colace how soon can I expect it to work? He had his teeth cleaned last Thursday and the vet said he had a very dry stool that day. I really don't know if he has gone since.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 1 year ago.

Hi this is Dr. Gabby. I just logged on and saw your question. Is he eating and drinking well? Did you already give the Colace? If so how much did you give?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I was waiting on an answer. He is eating and drinking, last night he drank a great deal, more than I've ever seen him do. I just don't know how to give him anything for his discomfort. He is very protective of his mouth and I can't put my fingers close to give him anything. Would a warm bath to sit in help him?
Expert:  Dr. Gabby replied 1 year ago.

How much does he weigh? I can give you some things to try that you can mix with his food.