Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My 3 year old lab was deer hunting with us last week. The

Customer Question

My 3 year old lab was deer hunting with us last week. The last day he started limping on his front leg. Took him to vet he gave him cortisone shot and pain meds and said it was soft tissue injury. But yesterday it got worse and is really swollen. He eats normal I also have him pain meds. Just worried if he needs to go to er or our vet in morning. Any anti inflammatory I could give him.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.

HI there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today. Just like an in person consult, I have some questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible....

Did the vet do any x-rays at all?

If you press on the swollen area, does the indent pop right back out when you take away your finger?

What state do you live in?