Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

She ate tender branches off the plant, no seeds. She is an 8

Customer Question

She ate young tender branches off the plant, no seeds. She is an 8 mo old labrador
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Canine health.

How is lady doing?

Is she still vomiting?

What type of plant was it?

Any Diarrhea?

What is her weight?

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

You were not on, but wanted to help you with the puppy. Dogs will eat items to help themselves vomit, or in Lab puppies they will eat anything.

Sounds like she needs a bland diet for a few days to rest the stomach. We can help her by fasting tonight give 1/4 of a Pepcid AC to settle the stomach. Tomorrow, please give her 1 part boiled skinless chicken breast to 3 parts white rice. Please feed in small increments throughout the day. we do not want anything heavy. This will rest her stomach, but give nutrition. Feed the bland diet for a week and start weaning slowly back onto the regular food. This should hep stop the vomiting. If it should continue with the bland diet, the a Vet visit will be needed. If I have addressed your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sharon Rommel,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Lady. How is everything going?
Joan