Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

My dog has a runny nose, he is fine in mself its of

Customer Question

My dog has a runny nose, he is fine in himself its of green consistency. He is a 13 year old German Shepard is their anything I can give him.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for using this site to help you. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. It will be my pleasure to assist you today.

The problem is not the discharge but the color. many dogs have nasal discharge due to allergies that is clear. The fact that the discharge is green can mean that something is going on that needs vet attention. In older dogs it can mean dental disease or tumors so at this junction I would strongly suggest that you have the dog examined by your vet.

There is nothing over the counter for dogs like there is for humans (like cold medication) for nasal discharge.

Here you can read more on nasal discharge causes for dogs

https://www.vetinfo.com/green-nasal-discharge-in-dogs.html

Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Max. How is everything going?
Sally G.