Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

My 4 pound chiuhuhua shredded a tampon and ate it she

Customer Question

My 4 pound chiuhuhua shredded a tampon and ate it she vomited yesterday but seems to be eating and drinking well and this morning she pooped and had cotton stuck so I pulled and alot came out does that means it came through
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thank you for using this site to help you with your problem. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years,

This does not mean that it all came out. Tampons swell when they hit fluid so there may still be some inside her. Also it is dangerous to pull anything out of the rectum so I would not do that if it happens again.

I would suggest that you see your vet for an x ray.

What you will need to watch for is a blockage of the intestinal tract which will show vomiting , diarrhea , lack of appetite and vomiting.

Obstruction (foreign body)

http://www.petplace.com/dogs/gastric-stomach-foreign-body-in-

dogs/page1.aspx