Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

I'm carmen I am in desperate need I took my dog to the vet

Customer Question

Hi I'm carmen I am in desperate need I took my dog to the vet hospital, because I thought he was constipate and I was told that my dog had kidney stones in his kidney and also one in his uretheal.that he is not passing the Dr told me that he needs emergency surgery and cost they are asking I can't afford can u please give me some advise? He is a shizu
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this. Unfortunately if there are stones in the urethra then surgery is your only option. Your vet could push the stones back up into the bladder but they are more than likely calcium oxalate stones and they will just get stuck again in the urethra. Your dog need sot have stones removed from urethra and bladder and then put on a diet that will prevent further stone formation. There are unfortunately no other treatments for this......I wish there was more I could offer you but surgery is the only option otherwise the stones could block him completely and kill him. I hope this helps you. Sincerely, ***** ***** check my computer each night and can get back to you if you have other questions.

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much.

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
Hi Carmenlita,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Teddie. How is everything going?
Dr B
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi unfortunately Teddie had the surgery and he had multiple stone in the urethra they where unable to push the stone back into the kidney,which made them have to put him down. So now I am struggling with the fact that he is no long with us I'm hoping that I can get thru this.Teddi was the first dog we ever had and we loved him so much.and now that he gone the house just seem so empty..:(
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

I am really sorry to hear about your loss, but I am glad that you guys at least had the vet try to save him. You can rest knowing that you did what you could for Teddie..... Bless you. Sincerely, DRB