Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian
88695179

My Rhodesian Ridgeback has a lump on the side of s neck.

Customer Question

My Rhodesian Ridgeback has a lump on the side of his neck. What can i do? it just appeared
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I can help you and Shawn this evening. Older dogs can have lumps for many reasons and most are benign but some can be more serious.

Lumps can be tumors such as lipomas (benign fatty tumor), mast cell tumors (malignant immune tumors), sebaceous adenomas (benign oil gland tumors that look like warts), and others.

Lumps can also be things like an abscess, foreign material under the skin, hives and others.

The best bet is to have your regular veterinarian examine the lump. They will look at it and determine if a fine needle aspirate is indicated (putting a needle in the lump, removing some cells and looking at them under the microscope). Once the exact diagnosis is made, they will recommend a treatment plan.

Best regards, ***** ***** this answer helps you.

Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions.

Dr. Amanda

Kansas State University,

College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2001

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

How is Shawn this evening?

Do you have any more questions for me?

If you are satisfied with my assistance, please take a moment to use the stars at the top of the page to rate my answer so that I will be compensated for helping you today. For future questions, you can find me here: http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=88695179&FID=0

Best regards,

Dr. Amanda