Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

Is there anything I can give her. Earlier this afternoon my

Customer Question

is there anything I can give her for pain. Earlier this afternoon my vet said to give her baby aspirin 81 mg.She is having pain on her right side and it seems to have gotten worse. She has been eating and drinking but now she's really uncomfortable .. I think I gave her the aspirin around 3 or 4:00
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with interest in Canine Health. You can give the aspirin like the Vet mention every 12 hours. In the mean time if you can determine where the pain is, I suggest a rice sock. It is a tube sock with uncooked rice, and warmed in the microwave. Shake it out to distribute the heat and apply to the painful area. This will help with the pain until you can give the aspirin again. I d suggest you have Lylie into the Vet as soon as reasonably possible and keep her on strict rest.

Joan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I go ahead and give the baby aspirin now instead of in 2 hours. She wants to go to bed
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

I would give it with a little something to eat if you give it now just so the stomach is not empty. It should be ok. We worry about upset stomach and gastrointestinal distress from aspirin, thus waiting the 12 hours. If you have Pepcid ac in the house you can give a quarter of a table to protect the stomach. If I have addressed your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning,

I want to check in on Kylie. and see how she is doing. Did the aspirin seem to help the pain? Please let me know. I like to follow up and be sure my information helped.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hi Joyce,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Kylie. How is everything going?
Joan