Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

I bought a Siberian husky last night or rather early this

Customer Question

I bought a Siberian husky last night or rather early this morning at about 1:30am. It was supposed to be a surprise for my little girl. We have him at the home for about 22hrs now and he is showing symptoms of parvo. Could he contract it that quickly from my home??
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet Tech for 30+ years.

Parvo has a typical incubation period of 3 to 7 days between initial infection and onset of first symptoms. I seriously doubt, the dog was exposed in less than 24 hours. In a case like this I would contact the person you got the dog from and let them know. If the dog is vomiting and has diarrhea, it needs to be attended to asap. Dehydration is the enemy when it comes to puppies and Parvo. I would get the dog into a Vet asap and have a snap test done. If the dog can hold food and drink, feed lightly small meals and push fluids. No milk, but plain broth without onion or garlic and Pedialyte works well. If eating skinless boneless chicken breast 1 part and 3 parts white rice.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning,

How is Luschas doing this morning? Were you able to reach the people where you got her? Is she still showing symptoms of Parvo? Please let me know how things are going. I like to be sure my information was helpful.

Joan