Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

We have a small dog who may have ingested meth most likely a

Customer Question

Hi Jane, we have a small dog who may have ingested meth most likely a piece that would go unnoticed to the human eye. This is just a guess. Her symptoms are she is moving her head around as though she was chasing a fly with her eyes. Please advise
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a Vet tech with 30+ years and have interest in canine Health. The Dog needs to be seen in the ER If you think the dog has ingested Methamphetamines. There will be no questions as the Vet is interested in saving your dog.

You will see: agitation, hyperactivity, rapid heart rate, panting, seizures and muscle tremors. This can result in death if emergency treatement and supportive care is not offered.

This link below talks more about the toxicity of Amphetamines:

http://www.petplace.com/dogs/amphetamine-toxicity/page1.aspx

If the dog is showing any of the signs, the Vet is not going to question you about where the problem occurred, but is going to treat your dog to give it the needed help asap.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Joan