Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts
Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I do have a few questions for you to better assess your situation.
Does she seem painful anywhere or does it just seem like she is weak?
Any vomiting or diarrhea?
Is there anything you can think of that she may have gotten into?
Thanks for the information. It sounds like she is painful. If she got into the chocolate cake, she could have a severe pancreatitis or even showing signs of chocolate toxicity. With these potential concerns along with her symptoms, I would highly recommend getting her into see your vet immediately. They will need to run some blood work to look at liver, kidney and pancreatic function. At the vary least, they will most likely need to get her on some fluid therapy and treat for potential pain, depending on what their exam shows. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.
DISCLAIMER: My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, please rate it. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.