Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

We have a maltese rescue dog which is a perfect little

Customer Question

We have a maltese rescue dog which is a perfect little fellow all day long but seldom moves his bowels on his walks out side on a leash. We live in a wooded area with a lot of squirrels which he wants to chase. So we keep him on a leash all the time for fear that he will run off into the woods and get lost.
Every evening he starts to chase his tail and then start running madly all through the house for about 10 minutes after which he will poop on the floor. How can we break him of this?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question. Just like an in person consult, I have a few questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible...

How long have you had Rascal?

Is he crate trained?

Do you know anything about his life before you?

How old is he?