Ola Barrett
Ola Barrett,
Experience:  Veterinarian at Lake Chatuge Animal Hospital
77721119

My 12 yr old rottie collapsed yesterday. I thought it was

Customer Question

My 12 yr old rottie collapsed yesterday. I thought it was her time so wanted to have her die at home. She is still in same state semi unconcious. She tru up a couple of hours ago and when i looked there was a piece of small oinion in her vomit
Category: Dog
Expert:  Ola Barrett replied 1 year ago.

Hello I am Dr RB... Onions are highly toxic to dogs causing a hemolysis or bursting of the red blood cells. This results in severe anemia. My strong recommendation is that you take Satis to your veterinarian RIGHT AWAY so they can do blood work to assess if any anemia is present and give her the appropriate care, most definitely intravenous fluids to flush her blood stream of toxins as well as any other supportive care she may need. I hope this advice helps you..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was already doing this. I wanted to know more about this condition an possible options. Not really satisfird

Unfortunately there was not a lot of detail in your initial post or even an exact/actual question.. I answered what was given me but so sorry you aren't satisfied but I would have been happy to give you more help if you had asked for clarification or provided additional information