Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I have a 6 year old cocker and he has been walking like he

Customer Question

hi lisa, i have a 6 year old cocker and he has been walking like he has no control of his left hind leg. stumbles to the left an walks in a circle to the left.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi, i have a 6 year old cocker and he has been walking like he has no control of his Right hind leg. stumbles to the Right and walks in a circle to the left.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi, i have a 6 year old cocker and he has been walking like he has no control of his Right hind leg. stumbles to the Right and walks in a circle to the Right. He has had surgery for his disc and it looked like he was completely healed. This is something new.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

How long has he had signs? How long ago was his surgery?

Is he dragging the right leg? Trying to walk on the top of his foot?

You noted circling here, any chance of exposure to toxins (ie plants, chemicals, human medications)?

Doe she seem mentally normal?

If you look at his eyes, do they appear to be flickering back and forth (as if he was watching tennis)?