Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian
88695179

My lab ate a tampax tampon and i dont know what to do

Customer Question

Hi my lab ate a tampax tampon and i dont know what to do
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I can help you and Poncho this evening. Do you have hydrogen peroxide at home? This will be used to induce vomiting to make Poncho bring the tampon back up the way it went down. Force him to swallow 3- 4 tablespoons of the hydrogen peroxide and he should vomit in 5-15 minutes.

If you do not have hydrogen peroxide at home you will need to take him to the local animal emergency room to have them induce vomiting as soon as possible.

If you are not able to get him to vomit the tampon he is very likely to have his intestines blocked by the tampon and require surgery to remove it.

I hope this answer helps you. Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Dr. Amanda

Kansas State University

College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2001

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

Any luck getting your puppy to vomit? Did you have to go to the emergency room this evening?

Also, If you are satisfied with my assistance, please take a moment to use the stars at the top of the page to rate my answer so that I will be compensated for answering your question. For future questions, you can find me here: http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=88695179&FID=0

Best regards,

Dr. Amanda

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.
Hi Norka Martinez,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Poncho. How is everything going?
Amanda Mouradian-Dar