Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My dog got t by a car last night, he has fracture to s spine

Customer Question

hi my dog got hit by a car last night, he has fracture to his spine a hernia and now they think his bladder is ruptured
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear about Scooter being so badly injured. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

I am sorry also to see that you did not get help from an expert before now. Do you still need help with him?

A ruptured bladder will not heal on its own, unless the hole is tiny. If urine is leaking out of his bladder into his abdomen, he will most likely die unless the bladder is repaired.

How bad is the spinal fracture? Is he paralyzed? I am so sorry, he sounds badly injured. I am sorry you did not get help sooner. I just came online and answered your question as soon as I saw it. I am hoping he is doing better. Rebecca

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

How is Scooter doing?