Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I purchased a new home and recently moved in. My toy

Customer Question

I purchased a new home and recently moved in. My toy chihuahua does not want to come in the home. She stops at the back door in the kitchen and will not come in. She won't even eat inside, but if I take her food outside she eats just fine. She seems to be scared of any noise and is shaky alot. She will stay outside until late at night even if it's cold until I bring her in. She used to be in our former home most of the time and slept on my bed, but now she won't even stay on the bed with me. I don't know what's going on and I want her to get used to our new home. Help
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years. I am a Therapy Dog & AKC Evaluator/trainer/ as well as an assistance/service dog trainer, specializing in behavior. It will be my pleasure to help you today.

Did anything happen that you know of as far as noise or her getting hurt through the move or since she has been inside the home?

Was she ever comfortable in the home?

Is their any history of animals being in that home?

Does she have a crate she can go in?

What do you do to calm her?

Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

It seems you have gone offline and I will be going off for a while as well. If you could answer the questions above I will be able to help you when I am next online today.