Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

My dog has been vomiting and seems depressed or in pain.ahe

Customer Question

My dog has been vomiting and seems depressed or in pain.ahe is not breathing heavy. I can tell she is in some sort of pain because her eyes are sad. I know she chewed on an old couch outside we had there overnight and I wonder if she might have eaten some foam. She did not eat yesterday and vomit green today. She is also drooling a little.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thank you for using this site to help you with your problem. My name is ***** ***** I have been in the dog field for 25 years and am trained in pet first aid for aiding animals in disasters. It will be my pleasure to help you today.

Sine you know that she has eaten a non food item then what would be suspected would be a foreign body obstruction. Symptoms of this are sudden lack of appetite, vomiting, lethargy and change in stool or stool habits.

At this point I would be having her seen and x rayed to be sure. If there is an obstruction then an operation is necessary.

What would also be worrisome would be if there were wire in that couch or other sharp object that could pierce the bowel and cause sepsis.

I am going to direct you to a site that goes over this problem so that you know what to talk to your vet about.

Obstruction (foreign body)

http://www.petplace.com/dogs/gastric-stomach-foreign-body-in-

dogs/page1.aspx

Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

I am going to direct you to a site also on how to take the vital signs , temperature, heart rate, gum color. Pay much attention to the gum color and capillary reflll as well as temperature.

http://www.petplace.com/dogs/what-is-normal-in-dogs/page1.aspx