Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

Dr. Cary. My 11 month old lab was spayed on Weds. My husband

Customer Question

Hi, Dr. Cary. My 11 month old lab was spayed on Weds. My husband brought her home late this morning. The vet told us to keep her in a confined area whichis driving her crazy. She has a cone on, but I see her scratching at her stitches. She hates being confined and is crying. Can I give her half a xanax of 0.5MG?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am afraid that the expert you have requested is not currently available. Still I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

This is not an uncommon situation after a young dog has surgery. Now in regards ***** ***** this can be used in dogs but you need to take care. This is because while it can soothe anxiety, it can also trigger a paradoxical reaction (agitation/restlessness/etc) in some dogs. So, it could make her more unsettled. Still, if you did wish to try this, the dose we would use is 0.01mg for every pound of her weight every 12 hours. And if you found she was reacting adversely to this, then we'd need to ring her vet for a dog safe sedative for home.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Leah,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Zeni. How is everything going?
nekovet