Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst
Experience:  Former vol Vet Assistant.Breeder 18+ years Dog trainer / behaviorist
2361900

I have a 4 year old husky that got in trouble so I took her

Customer Question

I have a 4 year old husky that got in trouble so I took her down stairs & tied her up 30 minutes later I went down to check on her but some how got her self tangled to the point were she was almost choking any how I immediately cut her loose but she can't seem to move her back legs
Category: Dog
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 1 year ago.

Hi JaCustomer,

My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today. I'm so sorry no other expert elected to take your question. I just saw it myself when I signed in.

It is very possible that in her struggles to free herself she injured a disc in the neck or back. If at all possible, I'd have her seen by your vet so anti-inflammatory medications can be used. See the following sites on disc issues.

http://www.petplace.com/dogs/intervertebral-disc-disease-thoracolumbar-area-in-dogs/page1.aspx
http://www.petplace.com/dogs/intervertebral-disc-disease-cervical-area/page1.aspx

At this point she does need to be seen by a vet.

I hope this information is helpful to you. If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to press the reply to expert or continue conversation button so I can address any issues you still have . If you do find this helpful, please take this opportunity to rate my answer.

I wished there was something you could do at home, but she needs to be examined to find out the extent of injury.