Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

My dog ate about a round of pizza dough. He is 6 years old

Customer Question

My dog ate about a round of pizza dough. He is 6 years old and weights about 135 lbs. What should I do?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 1 year ago.

Hello there. I am sorry to hear your guy ate some pizza dough. I am happy to help you this evening. Unfortunately raw bread dough can cause issues when in the stomach. It can continue to rise and increase in size causing bloat and producing gas. It is best to get him to vomit up the dough if possible. You can give him hydrogen peroxide at a dose of 1 tablespoon per 10 lbs of body weight by mouth. Wait 15 minutes and repeat if he does not vomit. You can do this up to three times. If you can't get him to vomit it would be a good idea to have him seen by a vet to induce vomiting just to make sure he does not have any of the problems associated with eating raw dough.

I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

i am not sure if you requested the phone call or if it was an error on the site but i am unable to provide phone answers this evening.