Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

I have a 3 year old pit. She is a solid 90 pounds. Usual

Customer Question

I have a 3 year old pit bull. She is a solid 90 pounds. Usual very busy. To night she was not acting right. Now she is on bed with me shaking in her sleep and panting and wining sometimes. What should I do? She is current on all shots
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for using this site to help you. I see that your question came in in the later evening hours when experts are a bit scarce. The shaking and panting is a sign of pain not of her being cold. Something is hurting though it would be impossible to say without an exam.

One thing to think about that can cause pain is a tick borne disease such as Lyme disease.

It could also be pain in the belly or joint pain .

YOu can watch her and see if it gets better unless other symptoms arrise such as any vomiting, diarrhea, fever etc. Check her gums and make sure they are pink and not white or pale.