Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Our pug, about 10 or 12 years old, has had shortness of

Customer Question

Our pug, about 10 or 12 years old, has had shortness of breath, early this morning about 3 A.M. and again this evening. She has fallen asleep, but I am afraid to go to sleep because I'm afraid she will stop breathing altogether. I took her outside about 30 minutes ago, and she walked around the yard like she always does, took care of her bathroom business, and I brought her back in. She ate a couple of bites of chicken, but did not eat her dinner earlier. She did eat some soft food around noon. She threw up this morning and some of the vomit looked like undigested puppy biscuits. She did not throw up any more. I would like to wait until tomorrow to take her to our vet, because they know her and if I take her tonight I would have to take her to the emergency clinic.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian who works exclusively with dogs and cats. I'm sorry that no one was online last night at the time you wrote in. I just began my work for the morning and I'm writing to check on Fuji and see if you still need help. Please let me know what she's up to this morning - I hope that you had a quiet night.

~Dr. Sara