Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

Over the past few years my 16 year old male dogs s testicles

Customer Question

Over the past few years my 16 year old male dogs s testicles have swollen to a huge size. He is not in pain and stillquire active, never desexed and probably never mated as we live on a property
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Are they fluidy or firm?

Are they sore if you press on them?

Are they causing any splitting or ulceration of the skin?

Have you noticed any weight loss ?

Any straining to urinate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has one huge ball, not sore no splitting or ulcerationn, no weight loss, no prob urinating
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you,

Is it hard/firm then?

Has he only ever had one descended or do you mean it is so swollen it looks like there is just one?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so,this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use the paperclip icon on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you can't see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on any other site (ie Flickr,Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I have not heard back, so I do want to leave my thoughts for your return.

Now we do have a few concerns when an elderly dog has enlargement of the testicles. Since you noted no discomfort, this makes our infectious issues (is orchitis, epididymitis) or trauma to the testes less likely. Instead we'd be mainly concerned about a tumor being present. This can be a tumor here. This can be related to the normal cells of testes or we can see cancers from other sites (ie lymphoma) spread to this area. Otherwise, though less likely, it is possible to see these signs related to fungal infections (ie blasto).

Now in this situation, the best way to approach an abnormal testicle like this is to have your vet evaluate it via fine needle aspiration (FNA). This is where the vet uses a needle to harvest cells from the testes to confirm what is present. If they remove pus, then this tells us that there is infection present and antibiotics can be dispensed. Otherwise, the cells they harvest can be stained and the identity of the nature of the this growth to determine what it is and how we should treat it. Or you could consider discussing castration now to just remove this and avoid any issue. Though if you did choose to do that without testing, a check xray would be ideal since we'd want to ensure that this wasn't a tumor that had already spread through the body.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When i went to your web site it was becasue it advised free vet advice. Now it has got out of hand, I did not authorise any deductions from my account. Then i have been bombarded with offers and options, not being able to proceed without making one of these choices. I decided i did not want this service so did not continue with the conversation. I did not sign up to any account, I did not authorise funds to be deducted from my account. I was advised I did not have to pay it i was not happy with the service. This is not what was offerred, and i want this unauthorised account cancelled and any funds deducted from my account without my authorisation immediately refunded. I do not want to have a membership so please end this. The FREE trial is a misrepresentation of your service. I did not set up an account or authorise an ORDER!!!regards ***** ***** Account # ***** and Order ID# *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please respond ASAP
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

You will need to contact customer service in regards ***** ***** I will send your question to them as well.

Take care,

Dr. B.