Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

My dog is 3 months old we have had her since she has been 7

Customer Question

My dog is 3 months old we have had her since she has been 7 weeks she has ate very well twice a day and is always drinking water and plays ALL the time . Yesterday she had diarrhea but still ate and drank well . This morning she has not ate or drank does not want to play has just been sleeping . Is she sick ?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. The original expert you asked for is not online. My name is ***** ***** I have been working with dogs for 25 years.

IF she is having diarrhea and not eating then she is ill. This is a very young dog and diarrhea can cause dehydration very quickly.

The fact that she is not playful, has not eaten and is lethargic, would warrent a hands on exam and I would find a vet that has normal Saturday hours so you are not making a trip to an expensive ER Vet tomorrow.

The symptoms you describe are broad and can be due from any number of things from an obstruction of the bowel from something she ate, to a virus to parasites.

If possible bring in a fresh stool sample for testing.

Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

What you might want to try is a bland diet of boiled chicken and cooked white rice to aid whatever may be troubling her belly, but if she refuses that , starts to vomit, and continues to have diarrhea please get her seen.

Make sure she will drink, give some added children's pedialyte to the water to aid with hydration.