Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

It's ***** ***** and I have a dog who, just yesterday, began

Customer Question

Customer: It's ***** ***** and I have a dog who, just yesterday, began yelping when he goes to stand up.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure. He doesn't yelp every time he attempts to stand - seems like it happens after long periods of rest. He runs fine, he walks fine, he jumps off the bed and onto it just fine. But, if he's laying down and (from what I can tell) his legs are stretched out in front of him and he goes to get up, it hurts him.
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I'm not in a huge rush.
I've got like 20 minutes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today. Just like an in person consult, I have some questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible...

How old is your dog?

Have you noticed any limping at all before this?

What kind of dog is he?

What state do you live in?