Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst
Experience:  Former vol Vet Assistant.Breeder 18+ years Dog trainer / behaviorist
2361900

My sheltie girl just mated with a husky that has 3 days been

Customer Question

Hi my sheltie girl just mated with a husky that has 3 days been neutered I will like to know if she can get pregnant and what to expect
Category: Dog
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 1 year ago.

Hi JaCustomer,

My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today. I answered this at 2:15 but realized I did not check the box allowing you to rate my answer so I have edited to allow that function.

If your girl and the male achieved a tie (stuck together) and he was only neutered 3 days ago, it is still possible for her to become pregnant. Some experts say it is possible up to a month post neuter. Since the testicles are removed during the neuter, the sperm is what is already in the tract. Your best bet will be to try and keep them apart until her heat cycle is finished and hope that she doesn't become pregnant as a result. it is entirely possible she is already pregnant but you won't be able to tell one way or another until she is close to 21 days pregnant and even then you will need an ultrasound to determine pregnancy that early.

I hope this information is helpful to you. If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to press the reply to expert or continue conversation button so I can address any issues you still have . If you do find this helpful, please take this opportunity to rate my answer.

For some reason it is not showing that you can rate. Let me know if it does not allow you to rate.