Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

My dog just ate one chinaberry she's a 3 year old Italian

Customer Question

My dog just ate one chinaberry she's a 3 year old Italian greyhound she just swallowed it didn't chew it.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have eben a Vet tech for 30+ years with interest in canine health. If this just happened, we need to induce vomiting to try and get it up. Please feed the dog a slice of bread. Once you do that, please take 3% hyrdogen peroxide at 1 teaspoon full per 10 pounds to the back of the throat. Jostle the stomach and jog the dog. She should vomit within 10 mins. and if it does not, you can repeat this one time. If it still does not come up. Then an ER Visit will be needed to get the Chinaberry up. It is toxic and needs to come out asap.

Joan

Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.

I am waiting to hear if she has vomited up the seed. Please let me know.