Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

My 10 mo old dog (short coat-hound we think) is scratching

Customer Question

My 10 mo old dog (short coat-hound we think) is scratching her arm pits and its red and scaly. Can I apply hydrocortisone cream until I can get her to a vet?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for using this site to help you. They do make a cortisone cream just for dogs and you can find it in any pet store. This should help the itching until you can see her vet.

Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

Usually icthing and rash under the arms are from an allergy to food, so make sure to mention to your vet that you have changed the food.

Expert:  Sally G. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the delay, my computer crashed. Here is more information on the Hydrocortisone use for dogs. It would be a good idea to invest in a cone so he cannot lick it.

https://www.vetinfo.com/hydrocortisone-cream-for-dogs.html