Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

Our dog was prescribed 1 & 1/2 pills of 20 mg prednisolone

Customer Question

Our dog was prescribed 1 & 1/2 pills of 20 mg prednisolone twice daily. I can't remember if I gave her 2 doses this morning by mistake. Is it ok to give her the nightly dosage or just skip it for today?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 1 year ago.

Hello there. I am happy to help you this evening. It is ok to give her the evening dose. I would not skip it this evening. Continue as prescribed even though you may have double her dose this morning. A one time doubling of her dose is not a big deal. So again, go ahead and give her the nightly dose tonight and continue as prescribed.

I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions or concerns. I want to make sure your questions is answered fully. I am happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!