Ann M.
Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

My dog wants s back scratched constany and spins on her she

Customer Question

my dog wants his back scratched constany and spins on her butt she gets a flea pill once a month want could be wrong
Category: Dog
Expert:  Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 10 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

How long has this been going on? Does she lick her feet at all, or shake her head?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she's shakes her head and kind of nibbles at her feet a lot but no sores
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the feet nibble for ever the head shake about a week and not often
Expert:  Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

Okay, great, thank you for the additional information. How much does your dog weigh?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
22 to 25 lbs
Expert:  Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

So sorry for the delay. To me, this sounds like allergies. They can progress and get worse as a dog ages. I would try giving your dog one adult Benadryl every eight hours for several days and see if that makes a difference. If it does, you can continue it every day for the rest of your dogs life if necessary, because it is very safe for long-term use.

Expert:  Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Best of luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you very much I thought it might be she's done this before then stopped for awhile then comes back thanks again !
Expert:  Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome! Please remember to rate my service so that I will receive credit for assisting you today. Take care.