Dr.Barbara
Dr.Barbara, Animal Behaviorist
Experience:  I have over 30 years experience in veterinary medicine and surgery for dogs, cats, rabbits, ferrets, and pocket pets.
56364752

My alaska husky has blue eyes, and they turned. I'm concern

Customer Question

my alaska husky has blue eyes, and they turned white. I'm concern because she has been howling more than often.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr.Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer!

I'm Dr. Barbara, a licensed veterinarian, and I'm happy to help you and Bebes today.

It is not really possible for the actual iris (the blue part) to turn white, but it is possible for Bebes to have the front part of her eye (the cornea) which is clear to become cloudy with inflammation. It's also possible for her to have an inflammatory infiltrate into the front chamber of her eye obscuring the visibility of her iris. Also, it is possible for her to have developed cataracts which cause a white opacity of the lens of her eye just behind her iris.

Do any of these descriptions seem similar to what you are seeing?

Would you be able to send a photo of her eyes?

Expert:  Dr.Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Also, when did this occur? For how long has she been howling often? Is she scratching or rubbing at her eyes?

Expert:  Dr.Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ruby,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Bebes. How is everything going?
Dr.Barbara