Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of Small Animal Medicine & Surgery
25161683

My dog isn't acting like mself. He's been sort of down - low

Customer Question

My dog isn't acting like himself. He's been sort of down - low energy and very clingy since his haircut last Wednesday. We took him up North and walked pretty far in sunny weather on Sunday, and while he did drank water - I think he got a bit dehydrated... He's been uninterested in water and eating very little dog food. I made him chicken/broth and rice today, along with chopped carrots and canteloupe. Some of his energy seems to be returning and he's pooping a bit more normally now; but he seems disinterested in water and is lacking his normal attributes. I'm trying to decide if I need to take him in for tests, or if chicken, rice, veggies, & love will do...?!
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry for the delay in response. If you would like to continue can you please answer a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How old is your dog?

2- Any pre existing medical conditions?

3- Any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing?

4- Any other symptoms?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It took hours just for you to ask me follow up questions?! :(
He is a 7 year old healthy Maltese. Sometimes he coughs when he eats too quickly, but that's it, and hasn't been happening the last few days.
His belly has been very warm, he's had hiccups a few times, he seems to have trouble pooping, is peeing less, and has had some very dilated pupils as he stares at me with his big eyes.
I would appreciate a more timely response if possible- I need to take him in today, or get him healthy...
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Friend, I am sorry for the delay in response. I am on eastern standard time and submitted information request as soon as I logged in the morning. I will opt out so another expert can help you that may be on your same time. Sorry.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
An answer would have been more helpful than you referring me to someone else?! Now that you have all of my information, I am being passed off and still left wondering. This makes no sense and is not at all helpful to my dog :(