Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My dog ate about 6 enroflaxin pills at 65 mg per pill. She

Customer Question

My dog ate about 6 enroflaxin pills at 65 mg per pill. She is a 38 lb soft coated wheaten terrier. She ate them somewhere between 1 and 3 hours ago, most likely 2 or more hours.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear about what happened with Sassy and the enrofloxacin. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. I just came online and am seeing your question; I am sorry you did not get help before now.

If she got 6 pills, and weighs 38 pounds, she got about 22 mg of enrofloxacin per kilogram (2.2 pounds) of body weight; we calculate drug doses and overdoses in milligrams per kilogram. That is not too much of an overdose; the upper dose of this drug in dogs is 20 mg per kg. You might see some vomiting, diarrhea, or loss of appetite, but she should be OK at this dose.

Let me know what else I can answer or help with, and let me know how she is doing. Rebecca

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My wife said I made a mistake. Our dog weighs 35 lbs. Does that change your answer? Thanks.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I had left for work when you got back to me. How is she doing?

That would not change my answer: watch for vomiting or diarrhea or loss of appetite for a day or so.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

How is Sassy doing?