petdrz.
petdrz., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in caring for dogs and cats.
21300550

I have a 12 year golden retriever. This morning she at grain

Customer Question

I have a 12 year golden retriever. This morning she at grain free nature's balance potato venison dog food and we moisten it with chicken broth. An hourr or so she began to vomit. She is ok but breathing heavy. We live on a open space berm and I checked for dead animals. Nothing. A couple of miojths ago same thing happened an I took her to my vet. She contracted an water born amebia form the lake she swims at. Gave her antibiotics for 10 days and she was ok after two. She did not swim for a while (two weeks) and I have taken to another cleaner algae free lake to swim and she swims 5 days a week. Could it be the same thing?
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Call me at(###) ###-####
Expert:  petdrz. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry that you have been waiting for a response. I recently just logged onto the site and noted that your question hasn't yet been answered. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years’ experience and would be happy to work with you if you are still needing assistance.

When Annie was treated the first time, was she exhibiting diarrhea?

Was any blood work performed on the first episode?

Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.