Doc Sara
Doc Sara, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a dog and cat veterinarian with a lifetime of experience in our family veterinary hospital.
23511967

My dog is very very restless up down everwhere. He large

Customer Question

Hi My dog is very very restless up down everwhere. He large Brittney Golden mix . Is bad somethings really bothering him . I tried rubbing his belly and pushing on and he seemed comfortable and thought would fall asleep but then after a while got up. He's ting again to get comfortable scratching at pillows on couch then gets down again. Never seen him like this. OK now he's looking at me, think.hes telling me something wrong . I asked him what he want me to do? Do.you think bloat? Of if upset stomach what could I give him?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 1 year ago.

Good morning - I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian who works exclusively with dogs and cats. I'm sorry to hear that your pup isn't feeling well. I apologize for the delay - I just began working for the morning and saw your question. I know that you may not need an answer now, depending on how your guy is doing this morning, but I also didn't want to leave you hanging.

Do you think he seems to be itchy? Sometimes if they have an allergic reaction to something like a bug bite or bee sting, they can get tremendously itchy. This is usually accompanied by hives and swelling of the face, but not always. In general for mild allergic reactions I use 1mg per pound of benadryl. If there's severe facial swelling or any sort of breathing difficulty, I recommend emergency care.

Bloat is certainly something we worry about, but it usually manifests as lots of unproductive retching. They pace around, pant, and look generally unwell, and repeatedly vomit and usually don't produce much when they do vomit - sometimes nothing, other times some foam or bile. After this has been going on awhile, their belly begins to swell up and becomes quite hard. I'm glad that you touched his belly and it seems soft- that's a good sign.

How is he doing this morning?

~Dr. Sara

Expert:  Doc Sara replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Bonnie Dasilva. How is everything going?
Doc Sara