Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

DOG LOST STRENGHT IN HER BACK LEGS WITHIN 24 HRS A LITTLE

Customer Question

DOG LOST STRENGHT IN HER BACK LEGS WITHIN 24 HRS A LITTLE ***** ***** ONLY 7 YRS OLD
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Bruno. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Is he eating, and drinking? Can he use the legs, or move the legs at all? Or is he paralyzed, just dragging the back legs? Do you know what the tablets you are giving are, what the name of the medication is?

If he is fully or partially paralyzed, this could be a bulging or ruptured disc in his lower back. That may or may not get better with time and rest and medication; sometimes surgery is needed. If an Xray has not been done, that would be my next step.

Let me know what medication he is taking and what other questions you have. Rebecca

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

How is Bruno today?