Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My 4lb 5oz. maltipoo is wheezing and swallowing a lot,

Customer Question

Hi, My 4lb 5oz. maltipoo is wheezing and swallowing a lot, lethargic. I get the feeling it is something to do with her throat as she doesn't want to swallow, although she drank some water earlier. I took her in yesterday to our local vet office and he started her on 1/2ml azithromycin once per day for 10 days. she had her second dose this morning at 8am but she seems to be getting worse, not better. I just called him and he said to give it another day. He is young and very new to our vets practice and I am worried about Suzette
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Has she had any coughing or gagging?

Any discharges from her nose or eyes?

Will she eat for you? Even soft or watered down wet foods?