Candy
Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer
23185754

Dog has been having mini seizures reoccurring trembling hrs

Customer Question

Dog has been having mini seizures reoccurring trembling for several hrs now. He lays on his stomach, labored breathing, he's aware but he just lays there and every few m seconds he trembles. He has a history of having regular seizures for yrs, no medication has always recovered with no apparent lasting affects.this started several hrs ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Candy replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am sorry to hear that your dog is having seizures. I apologize that no one has assisted you sooner I just signed in and saw your question.

Any time a dog has more then 2 seizures in a 24 hours period this warrants emergency medical care. It is not uncommon for dogs to have occasional seizures for years that do not require medications, but almost all dogs will at some point need to go on antiseizure meds. I would be careful with the essential oils as in pets some oils can make seizure worse or even cause them.

If he has been having mini seizure for hours then I have to suggest getting him in to the vet. These are called cluster seizures and medication is needed to stop the cycle. If these continue there is a risk of elevated body temp resulting in damage to the clotting factors in the blood, brain damage and even the risk that he will go in to a seizure that he does not come out of resulting in death.

I know no one whats to hear go to the vet but in this case that is what is in the best interest of your pet. I am concerned that if something is not done to stop the seizures he could get to the point where medical intervention is not effective.

I hope this helps and he does ok. Please reply back if you have additional questions and I will be happy to continue.

Candy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At vet now, not happy with this service. There was supposed to be someone online "awake" and ready to answer my question but took I'm thinking 3 hrs.
Expert:  Candy replied 1 year ago.

OK I am glad you are at the vet and again I apologize I do not work the over night shift and responded to you as soon as I came on.

I would be happy to have them process a refund for you.

I hope he does ok and they are able to get the seizures under control. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did not get my refund.