Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

My 8 month old American pit ingested al most a full bottle

Customer Question

my 8 month old American pit bull ingested al most a full bottle of Imodium. I induced vomiting with a teaspoon of peroxide. what else can i do?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today. Just like an in person consult, I have a few questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible....

Were you able to get him to vomit?

How long was it between when he ate the imodium and when you got him to vomit?

How's he acting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She ate the Imodium about three to four hours ago. Yes I got her to vomit. She is really lethargic. Been forcing water down her. She didn,t even want a Popsicle her favorite.
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.

Great. Thanks for the additional information. I really appreciate it.

The good news is that you got her to vomit shortly after she got into the Imodium. At this point, odds are that she's lethargic and not wanting to eat/drink because the peroxide probably made her nauseated.

If this were me, I'd stop forcing her to drink the water and allow her stomach to rest. You can offer her a little drink later today or first thing tomorrow, but don't offer too much, because we don't want to risk upsetting her stomach all over again.

I hope this helps.