Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian
88695179

150lbs pound mastiff panting and excessive thirst / foamy

Customer Question

150lbs pound mastiff panting and excessive thirst / foamy slobber 5 days following interceptor dosage.is this normal? He's also very jittery seeming. He sleeps soundly most of the night and day, and has been up pacing at night and during the day. He was given 2 interceptor pills for 50-100lbs dogs based on his weight.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** am sorry to hear Waylon is sick. Unfortunately, I do not think that interceptor was the cause of his signs. This drug is pretty innocuous and usually does not cause problems in dogs. To be sure, though, you can call Novartis free of charge to report the problem and talk with their customer service representatives. Their customer service phone number should be on the Interceptor box.

There are many other causes for dogs drooling and being jittery. Is Waylon eating ok? Any vomiting or diarrhea? Any change in gum color? I would also consider fever, an infection of some sort (bladder, especially), liver or kidney problems or a possible toxin besides Interceptor. I would recommend taking him to your regular veterinarian soon if he does not improve. They may want to run blood work or take x-rays.

Good luck to you and Waylon,

I hope this answer helps you. Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Dr. Amanda

Kansas State University

College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2001

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

Hi, How is Waylon doing? Is he feeling better? Is he still panting or drooling? Do you have any more questions for me?

Also, if you would consider rating our conversation, I would greatly appreciate it.

Best regards,

Dr. Amanda