Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My dog flew out pass.side window of my truck @ 50 mph. to

Customer Question

my dog flew out pass.side window of my truck @ 50 mph. to avoid a rabbit, he seemed a little dazed but got back in truck w/a bit of road rash that was SUN.eve.now FRI. he seems weak but seems ok when i exite him to go out.im concerned he might have colapesed lung.he doesnt have much of appitite or drinking water.i have not seen him do a bowl mvmt.i once had a collapesed lung and i could not eat or drink.he has not vomited or any blood in urine.now money is a big issue i just lost my home and he is bst friend and only friend,what could be the problem ?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Harley. Is he any better today? I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

I am also sorry you did not get help before now. I just came online and saw your question.

Please do not give him any more Motrin. It is not safe in dogs and can cause kidney failure if given too much. How much have you given him?

I am worried about internal injuries from your description. He could have a collapsed lung, broken ribs, a bruised liver or spleen, head injury, or kidney damage. He could be bleeding internally. It could be something that heals with time and rest, but it could be more serious.

If you look at his gums, are they a normal pink color or do they look pale? Can you get him to eat anything?

Let me know how he is doing and what other questions you have. Rebecca

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

How is Harley?