Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My Yorker is 6 years old and has vomitted and regurgitated

Customer Question

Hi, my Yorker is 6 years old and has vomitted and regurgitated off Nd on for three weeks. After 1.5 weeks we took him to his vet. He was tested for heart worm and had all his bloodwork and X-rays done. His tests came back good. The vet sent us home with nausea u meds. Once he was off of them he started throwing up again. It's always food, not usually mucus. What is going on. Please help
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He's thrown up his food three times today slone
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Can you upload a copy of his test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy of the results at home but his vet should be able to give you one which you could scan into your computer and give me the link or you can photograph the page(s) and upload the images by using the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if you can see such an icon) or by using an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com. I need to not only review the test results but also see which tests weren't performed that should have been; for example, was a specCPL blood test performed? This is the test of choice for identifying the presence of pancreatitis - a common cause of such persistent gastrointestinal distress. If the specCPL is normal my next diagnostic would be an abdominal ultrasound - a more sensitive imaging modality than X-rays for the abdomen.