Candy
Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer
23185754

I am looking vet in the Dallas Tx area that specializes in

Customer Question

I am looking for a vet in the Dallas Tx area that specializes in English Bulldogs, my 6 month puppy has a problem with his right eye. His primary vet in Ga says its an ulcer, he has seen 2 vets in the Texas area and they have only added or changed his eye drops with no improvement. I need to get this checked. I am scared it may cost him his sight
Category: Dog
Expert:  Candy replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am sorry to hear that your bully boy is having some trouble with his eye. My name is ***** ***** I have been a veterinary nusrse for 26 years.

I personally worked with a bulldog specialist for many years. We often had patients come in from other states to see us. Having worked with him I can tell you that one major problem with see with bulldogs is a condition called Entropian which is where the eyelid rolls in so the lashes are coming in contact with the eye itself. Zeus is also about the right age to see this start to show signs.

Here is additional information on this problem LINK

You can go see a bulldog specialist but if this is the cause it is possible they will send you to an Opthamologist for surgery.

Bullynet has a list of all vets that specialize in bulldogs. I know this is an accurate list because my vet is on there. I do not see any specifically in Dallas but I am going to give you a link to the full list so you can who may be closest to you. Just click on the following link LINK

I hope this helps and he gets better soon. Please reply back if you have additional questions. If all of your questions have been answered please take a few minutes to provide a rating so that I am compensated by justanswer for assisting you today.

Candy

Expert:  Candy replied 1 year ago.

I apologize it looks like my links did not hole for some reason so I want to give them to you again.

Entropian in the english bull LINK

Bulldog specialist list LINK

Expert:  Candy replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I just wanted to check in and see if you were able to find a specialist to help Zeus?