Doc Sara
Doc Sara, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a dog and cat veterinarian with a lifetime of experience in our family veterinary hospital.
23511967

Found a growth on my dogs paw on s pad. Looking it might be?

Customer Question

Found a growth on my dogs paw on his pad. Looking for what it might be? Actually there are two. Ones just worse than the other
Category: Dog
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 1 year ago.

Hi there - I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian who works exclusively with dogs and cats. I'm sorry to hear that you're nervous about that lump on Amadeus - but I'm glad to see that you're having him examined soon :)

It's difficult to say without seeing it what the lump that you've found could be. Your vet will definitely be able to get a better idea after doing a physical examination. Another thing the vet may do is a test called a fine needle aspirate - this is where we take a small needle and poke it into the mass to collect some tissue to examine under the microscope. Sometimes we can get a better idea what a mass is by doing that test. Ultimately the only way to know what it is is to remove it and send it out for biopsy at the lab.

It's not likely to be harmful to apply a little neosporin ointment, although if you're seeing the vet tomorrow, as long as it's not actively bleeding, you don't really need to do anything to it.

Please let me know what other questions I can handle for you :)

~Dr. Sara