Doc Sara
Doc Sara, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a dog and cat veterinarian with a lifetime of experience in our family veterinary hospital.
23511967

I think my dog may have injested meth or been around kids

Customer Question

i think my dog may have injested meth or been around kids who were smoking it. oh my God what do i do?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian who works exclusively with dogs and cats. I'm sorry to hear that you're having a rough morning here. I know it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. I appreciate your honesty for the sake of your pet - I know that it can be difficult in these situations.

If she's acting ill at all and you think she may have ingested meth - I would seek ER care immediately. There are certain drugs that can be used to minimize the impact of the meth, and IV fluids and supportive care can help her get through it.

Just being around the smoke wouldn't bother me too much if the pet isn't symptomatic but I would keep a close eye on her.

Please let me know what questions I can answer for you :)

~Dr. Sara

Expert:  Kent-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/pet-dog/9au3g-think-dog-may-injested-meth-around-kids.html).
Thank you,
The JustAnswer Customer Support Team